Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Davao's Treasures

Another year for Davao City! 75th Araw ng Dabaw. Life is Here.
I found it interesting to post some photos about my hometown. This picture came from the web. I don't have some photos of "Waling-Waling". It is an orchid. I included this because I think its year 2008 when Davao City had lanterns along the streets. These colorful lights caught my eyes when I came from Cebu. Amazing aerial view!
I love this! Davao won't be Davao without this exotic fruit name "Durian". At first, I hate its smell. Until I tasted it. Two thumbs up! But be careful. Over eating this fruit will lead to hypertension and high cholesterol. And thank you for this fruit because I heard, its helpful of patients with dengue and to those who has anemia. This fruit will help to increase platelet counts. I don't know if this is true. But a lot of people are telling this fruit can be an alternative medicine.
Another treasure is the famous monkey-eating eagle. Got this photo when we visit the sanctuary.
The last and most majestic scenery that Davao is famous with... The Mt. Apo. Highest mountain in the Philippines. Got my best shots.
Happy Araw ng Dabaw to all Dabawenyos!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh? So you're from Davao? I've only been to Manila and Baguio a long long time ago, Marcos' time... Would love to visit your country again some day.

    P.S. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Will link you in my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there.

    great blogs and amazing photos. might as well check out my free themes at http://theme-tribe.com/mangyan

    get your new themes that i think works great with your amazing blogs.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Trekkers Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Btc roulette