Thursday, January 10, 2008

Journey of Addiction


The hours pass quickly until days turn into months and months become years,
Until there is too much wasted time and too many things that haven't been said.
The silence speaks volumes
As memories flicker ever so briefly-
slowly fading into a past that I can hardly remember.
Pictures become ancient-
from a time that no longer exists and perhaps never did.
Stories sound fictitious-
as if from a childhood someone else experienced.
The truth shouts bitterly in the back of my head-
as venom rolls heartily in the pit of my stomach.
The past is no more-
joy will not travel from that path again.
The divergent road has rounded the bend
far from sight-
to a dark destination.
I fear your journey has taken you deeper into the wooded trail-
beyond the chance of a safe return.
I call out to you-
but the noise is so loud that you can not hear-
the crowd so thick you do not care.
My time is done-
I must move on alone
Leaving you to thrive on empty promises and smoke screened dreams.
Your present and future are becoming your past-
I long for you to find your way home
Where you are honored, protected and loved as you once have been before.
Safe, unharmed and unafraid of your fate.
The seconds pass slowly
until minutes turn into hours
and hours become your lifetime.
Until there is no more
and it is too late to recover that which has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trekkers Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Btc roulette